Friday 6 May 2011

Roomates.... tales from past adventures

As my roomate recently acquired only one new kitty from the SPCA where she volunteered and wanted to adopt the rest that come through there, I'm relearning to change a few things. I remembered yet again, how it can be hard to adjust to others' habits and oddities at times.

An old writer friend listened to my complaints of not having peace and quiet to write up assignments and burst out laughing. I apparently have a book's worth of some of the most ridiculous stuff ever. For the sake of lawyers not getting excited, the guilty shall remain nameless and though it seems exaggerated, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Dorm provided more than a few eccentric moments in my life regarding roomates and their friends who hang out too often. When life resolves largely around work or school, it can become rather nifty to meet a couple of people now and again.

From convincing my girlfriend after New Year's Eve not to murder her roomate for a huge mess from a party. Remembering my own gong-show of flipping every bit of furniture upside down with my roomate, I had to grin.

Walking in and my roomates are screaming at CNN and throwing carrot sticks at the TV, I never knew what was in store for me when I woke up. Oh waking up and finding random people who passed out on the couch....

Biblical debates, 6AM group runs, late night pancake meals or playing video games at random hours to avoid homework together, I've had good memories.

Without much stereotyping: anime-fans, mooches, the emo side of 5AM, dish-hoarders, stoners, international students, drunken gamers, anti-social ghosts, bookworms, goody two-shoes, neat-freaks, techies, wino arts students... the list goes on.

All some of the most memorable wonderful people I've met and learned to live within close quarters were all more than stereotypes. So stay posted and see what unravels.

--PLR--

No comments:

Post a Comment