Friday 26 November 2010

Testing 1.2.3.... thanks for dropping by this experiment

Right. It's a dreary blustery Chinook of a night and I'm reading and turning in around midnight. Good as any a time to rekindle my writing.


If I thought the purpose of snogging blogging, journaling oh so eventful, dear diary my life is emo important, to write down all the little happenings of my day about the mustard stain on my shirt and armchair cynicism on how to run the gov't. If it hadn't really caught my fancy for the longest time it's because it seemed so darn trendy. On the other glove, fact is that I HAVE to post in order to build up my writings skills. I had gotten so lazy once I stopped having to learn, research, study, and regurgitate on the test.


Oh how I miss the pressure but don't really miss GPA stress of school. Yet the assignments were so great at forcing me to write daily. Now, instead I"m feeling like doing something else like reading, playing video games or poking the cat... Anything instead of the point of my occupation with getting all the ideas flowing through my head onto paper. At least in digital form.


SO might as well face the fact that I rarely have to write 500 words even in an email any more. That's just not good enough after writing 2000 word essays and in-depth articles. I miss it and I must get back into practice. Like I have been saying for ages or how I thought I'd lose 10lbs by starting to swim and work-out again. Apparently it takes three months to really start to lose any weight because your liver has to break down the fat. Makes that saying about chewing the fat make more sense now.


If I keep going for three months, I'll be in better shape with my writing, maybe even more energy after I get off the couch or computer chair once in a while. I even wrote out a game-plan so I can keep myself accountable.


One of the things I really did want to focus on was good news stories and links to interesting studies & articles. Like this entrepreneur/philanthropist of a gentleman in Toronto who went away from a meeting with the great Nelson Mandela and took to heart Mandela's words that “Education is the most powerful weapon with which you can change the world.” It's a good read in the Maclean's business section -- some interesting stuff is written in there so do check it out.

This has been a good night of write and soon to be regular thing. Thanks and goodnight.

-- PLR --

No comments:

Post a Comment